Friday, August 8, 2008

Oedipus V. Earnest

The differences between the plays are that one is a tragedy and ones a comedy. Set in different time periods. One is about love and the other is about a strange love. Oedipus falls in love with his mother and has kids with her after he kills his father. He didn't know all this until the messenger told him about it. Earnest walks around pretending to be Earnest and John because he was orphaned also but to come to find out he was who he said he was all along. He was placed in a hand bag at Victoria station and found his way back to his family. These are two very different stories yet they both have one thing in common. They are both orphanes until they end when they find out who they are. Earnest goes on to marry Gwendolen and Oedipus gashes his eyes out and walks the world blind. Sick

No comments:

Wonderful Quotes



Don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things. -I don't know who wrote the book but it is in my Grandpa's bathroom and I think it is words to live by.

There are no accidents. -James Joyce

Anything worth reading is beside the point. -

The point of the journey is the journey. -John Barth

I owe America WAY more then she will EVER owe me. - John McCain

How do I know what I think until I see what I say? W.H. Auden

I will release you from this tragic event so you can live in common unhappiness. -Froid

Imagination of action that is serious, complete, and of certin magnitude.- Aristotle

Life imitates art. -Oscar Wilde

The true tragedy is when you don't get an answer to the question "why me" -

"We cannot change the cards we were dealt, just how we play that hand." -Randy Pausch

It's like the wind. You can't see it but you can feel it.
-A Walk to Remember

I tell you one thing. They aint ever getting to Aspen!
-The gas man on Dumb and Dumber

I feel like a rain drop. I drop into a puddle and then get sucked back up by the sun just to do it ALL over again!
-Krystal Fischer